Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fat Tuesday: Fast and Fancy!


Pin It!
We all have those days where we just need something tasty and fancy real fast. Here's your quick sugar fix! For added flair, I garnished mine with turbinado sugar crystals (coarse grain sugar) and crushed walnuts.

(PS...I know it's Wednesday again, but I finally got internet set up at my new apt this afternoon and I'm back on track! Woot!)

Brown Sugar Crunch Torte
(Betty Crocker Ultimate Cake Mix Cookbook)

1-1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1-1/2 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter, melted
1 box German chocolate cake mix
1-1/3 c. water
1/2 c. oil
3 eggs
8oz whipped topping

Mix walnuts, cookie crumbs, brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Spread about 3/4 c. walnut mixture in each pan; save the rest for later.

Prepare cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour slightly less than 1-1/4 c. batter over walnut mixture in each pan; spread evenly. Refrigerate remaining batter.

Bake about 22 min at 350 until done. Remove cake from pan and allow to cool on rack, walnut side up. Repeat with remaing walnut mixture and batter to make 4 layers. Allow layers to cool completely.

Fill each layer and top of cake, walnut sides up, with about 3/4 c. whipped topping and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow--fast and fancy! Sounds easy enough for me to try! I wonder if I can ever sprinkle sugar to look like yours does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sure with a few hours of practice, your fingers will become as nimble at sprinkling sugar as mine! Just remember, it's all in the wrist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...