I know, some of you are rolling your eyes and wondering how in the world I could love something that is basically an animal-shaped piece of sugar coated in neon sugar with eyeballs. I ask you, how could you not?! But if you're going to hold onto your Peep-hatred, just think of the children! Would it really be Easter for them without a small overdose of sugary goodness? I think not.
Peep S'mores [click to print]
Makes 6-7 individual servings
- 1 pkg mini graham cracker crusts (I used Keebler Ready Crust Minis)
- 1 brownie recipe (the kind for an 8" or 9" pan)
- 12-14 mini Hershey bars
- 6-7 Peeps
1) Prepare brownie batter and preheat oven as instructed in recipe or on box/pouch. Scoop about 3 Tablespoons of batter into each crust and bake for 18-22 minutes. Note, time will vary based on recipe used, so stick a toothpick in the center to check doneness and when it comes out clean, you're good!
2) Lay two mini chocolate bars across top of mini brownie and allow chocolate to melt. If the brownies are too cool to melt the chocolate, place them in a warm oven for 2 or 3 minutes until the chocolate is shiny and soft.
3) Top chocolate with a Peep and serve warm! Or cold, they're still fudgy and rich and delicious the next day...if they last that long!