Sometimes when I come home from work in the winter and it's already depressingly dark outside, I just need a quick jolt to liven my senses. Homemade chocolate bark is a great solution. Believe me. It's easy peasy.
On top of that, with its deep red berries and brilliant green pistachios, it practically screams Christmas. And if that's not good enough for you, a few dear family members stared at a bag of this freshly made bark before even tasting the stuff...they claimed they didn't like white chocolate. But after one nibble, that claim no longer held true!
Cranberry Pistachio White Chocolate Bark [click to print]
- 1 c. pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 c. dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 c. white chocolate chips
2) Combine nuts and berries in bowl and set aside.
3) Heat white chocolate in double boiler, stirring constantly, until only a few lumps remain. Remove from heat and continue stirring until smooth.
4) Stir chocolate into nut and berry mixture until all pieces are well coated. Press into prepared pan and spread as thinly as possible. It's okay if the mixture doesn't reach all the edges of the pan. Allow to set completely at room temperature or about 1 hour in the freezer. Break into pieces and serve or package as gifts!
Source: Adapted from Skinny Taste