Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Musings: A Contest!


Pin It!
So I've been blog-stalking my new friend Kathryn at The Sugar Turntable for the last several weeks/months and she recently hosted a contest. My sister and I decided to be co-competitors in our first ever edible contest and it was a lot of fun! I designed and created a Pina Colada cake and my sister designed the photo shoot. Needless to say, the cake was a natural poser. And we won an honorable mention! Woot woot!


Doesn't this cake make you drool? Coconut is one of those flavors that I always felt like I had to be in the right mood to enjoy, but this cake changed my mind! Two layers of rich, buttery coconut cake sandwiching a sweet pineapple filling, frosted with a light pineapple buttercream. And to top it off, a bit of toasted coconut and slices of fresh candied pineapple! Oh, man, that extra "test" coconut cake is yelling at me from my freezer right now...I should probably share that with someone soon or I will be wearing it on my hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...