Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Creepy Crawly Cookies


Pin It!
I can't believe September is over already and we're already into the holiday season! And yes, Halloween most definitely counts as part of that. I'm so excited! I already know what I'm gonna be for Halloween, but I can't tell yet. Shh, it's a secret! 

But since I'm sure you're dying to know, here's a hint: I have a history of awesome. Two years ago, I was being eaten by a snake. Then last year, I was a Tornado. And that's my sister being a cute flower.


So while you wait with baited breath to find out how I will be cleverly disguised this year, get excited with some Halloween deliciousness!

I decided to start off this sugar-filled season with one of my all-time favorite treats. Gummie cookies. You may recognize them as no-bakes, but in my house they were always Gummie Cookies. My mom's gramma always made them and everyone called her "Gummie", hence the name. These aren't just any ordinary Gummie Cookies, though. These are creepy, crawly Halloween Gummie Cookies. Oh, yeah, these are spiders!


Before you make the cookies, you'll want to make the spider legs...you'll need a few packs of Pocky Sticks, found in the Asian/Ethnic section of the grocery store or online, and 1/2 bag of chocolate chips. Each box of pocky sticks makes about 6 spiders, each spider having 8 legs. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between nukes. Once the chocolate chips are melted, put them in a ziploc sandwich baggy and snip off a small corner. This is your glue. Cut pocky sticks diagonally in half and glue together with a dab of melted chocolate. Allow legs to harden.


Gummie Cookies   [click to print]

1/2 c. butter (or margarine)

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. peanut butter
4 T. cocoa*
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
3-1/2 c. oatmeal (quick)

Melt margarine. Add all but oatmeal. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Stir in oatmeal. Drop on wax paper (or cookie sheet). *Note: If you prefer plain peanut butter gummie cookies, my personal fave, just leave out the cocoa powder!

While cookies are still warm and soft, insert 8 previously assembled appendages into each body and chill. Add eyeballs; you can use candy eyes or little dots of brightly colored frosting. Here I opted for the frosting peepers. Eat up before they crawl away!

Source: Inspired by Not Martha


1 comment:

  1. Adorable! (If spiders can be adorable!) Yummy! (If you could make Gummie cookies any yummier!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...