Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Strawberry Banana Cupcakes


Pin It!

When I was little, we didn't really do milkshakes. I loved them, yes, we just didn't have them much. My favorite kind has gotta be oreo, packed with so many cookies there's just a little ice cream to help things slide down your throat. The only place fruit had in frozen treats/drinks was in a smoothie. And even then I was quite picky. 


My mom made an awesome strawberry banana smoothie. And so, instead of whipping up a blender full of that, I turned on the oven and baked in our 103 degree humid summer weather. Great idea, Molly.


But, I did promise I'd get my act together and whip up a batch of these babies! Plus they're really fast and easy. Please just tell me you still have some of that creamy French Strawberry Buttercream? A nice heaping mound of buttercream is perfect with these cupcakes since they're a little less sweet than most. Enjoy!


Strawberry Banana Cupcakes [click to print]
Makes about 24 cupcakes
  • 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 c. flour 
  • 1 c. vanilla yogurt
  • 1 T. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 brown spotty bananas, about 1/2 c. mashed
  • 3 to 4 c. French Strawberry Buttercream
Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tin with liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. 

In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and extract, beating until well combined. Beat in flour, yogurt, soda and salt. Add mashed banana and mix until batter is well combined. 

Scoop batter into muffin tin and bake for 18 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly.

Source: Adapted from Cupcake Project

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...