Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Frosty No-Bake Banana Maple Bars


Pin It!
Well, the sun is blazing and my bananas went from neon green to brown and spotty practically overnight. And while I'm absolutely in love with Cinnamon Banana Bread, Banana Honey Bread and Banana Bread French Toast (mmm...my tastebuds are purring over here!), I opted to rescue my bananas in a more summer-friendly sort of way.


These bars are like frozen loaded granola bars and are absolutely perfect on a hot day. You can eat them slightly chilled, but I like to keep mine in the freezer so whenever I need a quick chilly bite, they're ready to go!


Frosty No-Bake Banana Maple Bars [click to print]
Makes about 24 squares
  • 2 large super ripe bananas (about 2/3 c. mushed)
  • 2 T. maple syrup
  • 2 T. peanut butter
  • 2 T. ground flaxseed
  • 1 T. cocoa powder
  • 1 c. oats
  • 1 c. crunchy cereal (Fiber One or Rice Crispies are great options)
  • 2 T. dried cranberries, chopped
Mash bananas in large mixing bowl. Stir in syrup, peanut butter, flaxseed and cocoa. Add oats, cereal and cranberries. Mix well and press into mini muffin liners or silicone mold. Freeze at least 1 hour before serving. 

I love these as a chilly, frozen treat, but you can eat them when they're a little softer, too. 

Source: Adapted from Food Doodles

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...