Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Maple Pumpkin Bread


Pin It!

It was nasty humid the other day and I was baking bread. Ridiculous, I know. I just needed something fragrant and warm and our crazy weather patterns have got my internal cravings all confused. But my arteries were begging for something that wouldn't automatically cut off the blood flow to my entire body.


So, you guessed it. I've got another flavor-packed bread with no added sugar and it's butter-free! This time pumpkin and maple are hanging out together and it's a very tasty thing.

Maple Pumpkin Bread (No sugar added, Dairy Free) [click to print]
Makes one loaf
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. ginger
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. cloves
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 c. maple syrup
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 250 F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a few inches overhang on each side, or generously coat loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. 

Whisk together flour, soda, spices and salt; set aside. In mixing bowl, beat syrup, pumpkin and vanilla until well combined. Add eggs. Stir in dry ingredients and continue mixing until just combined. 

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes or until done. 

Source: Adapted from Banana Honey Bread

2 comments:

  1. This combination sounds delectable, and your pictures are so pretty, I can almost taste that bread!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...