Sometimes failure turns into a beautiful thing.
I mean, take the 80s, for instance. Mismatched earrings, stirrup pants, gigantic bangs...there are a few things that I am definitely not sad to see go. But on the other hand, I find myself owning and wearing an increasing amount of neon that just doesn't get old! It's like I'm walking around in multicolored bits of sunshine!
Which leads perfectly into my next comment. The sun is shining and it should feel like spring out there! But instead it's freezing cold and I'm a little sad. So, I decided to attempt (yet again) a batch of chewy granola bars...which turned into a complete and utter fail since they didn't seem to have any desire to remain in anything slightly resembling a bar shape.
So, I gave my crumbles a few tweaks and voila! Chewy granola! This stuff is a perfect ice cream topper, yogurt mix-in or whatever...just eat some!
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Speculoos Cookie Butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 c. quick oats (not rolled)
- 1 c. unsweetened puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 c. cinnamon chips
1) For thicker bars, line 8" square pan with parchment paper or 9" square pan for thinner bars. In large bowl, combine oats and cereal; set aside.
2) In saucepan, stir together butter, agave and sugar, stirring over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high until mixture begins bubbling. Reduce to low heat and allow to cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cookie butter, vanilla and salt. Pour cookie butter mixture over dry ingredients and stir immediately to evenly coat, making sure there aren't any dry pieces.
4) In separate bowl, melt 1/2 c.cinnamon chips in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each nuke, until smooth. Stir into oatmeal mixture. Spread mixture onto prepared pan and sprinkle remaining cinnamon chips over mixture. Refrigerate until firm.
Source: Adapted from Bakerita