Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chocolate Covered Cherry Cobbler


Pin It!
I'll be going home tomorrow to spend some time with my family for Thanksgiving. It's gonna be a little different this year since the only kids at home now are me and my sister. We're used to having at least two other brothers hanging around to make some noise! The holidays always make me miss my family and feel very introspective, which can be a good thing. This time, it made me think of my dad and Jeffie, my baby brother who now towers over me by at least a foot, and their almost unquenchable love for everything chocolate covered cherry. This one's for you guys!



Chocolate Covered Cherry Cobbler   [click to print]
For the Filling: 
2 c. frozen cherries, thawed
3/4 c. sugar

Combine cherries and sugar in small bowl. Heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes to just warm. Set aside. 

For the Crust: 
1/3 c. butter or margarine
3/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk

Place butter in 10x10 baking dish and set in oven while it preheats to 375. Whisk together dry ingredients in bowl. Add milk and stir to combine. Pour over melted butter in baking dish. Spoon cherry mixture over batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust looks dry and browned.



Source: Adapted from my mom's memory of her basic college days' cobbler recipe

1 comment:

  1. This looks warm, delicious, and ... I want a big serving NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...