Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Pound of Love


Pin It!
I used to think I didn't really love eating fancy cake. Making them? Yes. Eating them? Not so much. And then I had this heavy bundt of love sitting on my counter and I took a bite. That gooey cinnamon warmed my entire soul. Yes, I'm falling in love with cinnamon.

Dulce de Leche
(Adapted from CakeLove)

Ingredients:
8 oz butter (2 sticks)
24 oz sugar (3 cups)
5 eggs, large
1 yolk

13.5 oz flour (2-3/4 c. flour)
1 T cornstarch
1 T cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

8 oz sour cream (1 cup)
2 T heavy cream
1 T vanilla extract
6 T whole milk
1 T lemon juice
2 T lemon zest
1 tsp lime zest

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs/yolk one at a time until combined.

In separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together liquid ingredients. Alternate adding dry and liquid ingredients to egg mixture. Spray bundt pan well with nonstick spray with flour (the flour makes a difference!) and fill pan about 3/4 full.

Bake about 50-55 min at 350.

When cool, drizzle with dulce de leche sauce. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I think I could die happy eating this cake! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...